Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Carrot Soup

original recipe from unknown...too bad I can't claim it myself!

I don't remember where I found this recipe. It was on an Internet forum -somewhere-. I've altered it to make it really, really easy. And it is so delicious...especially with a nice, crusty (and/or dense) bread!

1 onion, chopped
1 cloves garlic, chopped
2 TBS. butter
2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
6-8 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/8 tsp. bay leaf flakes
salt and pepper, to taste
4 C. chicken stock (you could also use vegetable stock for a vegetarian meal. And of course, you can also use bullion with water.)

Dump everything into a slow cooker on low for 6 hours. Before serving, blend in a blender or food processor. (Make sure to vent it, so it doesn't explode...which can happen when you blend hot things.) I leave a few carrot/potato chunks in the soup for more texture. 

This just screams cool fall evening to me, but we actually had it just a couple weeks ago on a rainy, spring night, and you know what....it was just as delicious!

No comments: